With turkey day tomorrow, I just had to share one of my all time favorite sandwiches. I really hope your turkey is so huge you’ll have leftovers for weeks and weeks. When you have that many leftovers you get sick of the same flavors over and over again. In case that happens here’s the perfect change up.
Brie and Apples. They’re like flavor soulmates. When you add balsamic glaze, a bite of onion, and some mild turkey, avocado, and naan, it’s like the two started a family, dressed all the kids in their Sunday best, and everyone gets along. Exactly the sort of thing you want around the holidays.
Once you know how much you love these flavors together, it’s easy to switch them up and incorporate them into a salad, wrap, omelette or anything else you might dream up.
Give it a try and thank me later.
- 2 pieces naan bread
- 1 cup shredded turkey (or 8 slices deli turkey)
- 1 sweet apple, sliced
- 4 oz brie cheese, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- dried cranberries
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to broil.
- Lay naan flat on a cookie sheet. Stack turkey, apple and brie (in that order) on one half of each bread.
- Toast in the oven until brie is melty and naan is warm.
- Pile avocado, green onions, spinach, and dried cranberries on top of brie.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over it all, then fold second half of naan over the toppings. Nom.
- Alternative: Dressed Up Turkey Salad
- Chop and warm turkey, apple and brie on cookie sheet.
- Pile on top of a bowl of greens along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Use balsamic glaze or a balsamic dressing to dress.